Reflecting their high professional standing and extensive experience, the partners of Wise Morrissey Kaveny are deeply involved in advancing the legal profession in Illinois as part of their overall commitment to professional and community involvement.
David Wise plays a leading role in educating other lawyers on trial techniques, frequently serving as speakers at programs of the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Elizabeth Kaveny regularly holds leadership positions in the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, the Illinois Bar Foundation and the Chicago Inn of Court. She is also deeply involved in community advancement through such commitments as the Leader Council of Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, a charity that rebuilds the lives of at-risk Chicago children. Additionally, Elizabeth gives back through educational leadership in professional organizations and major law schools. The full range of her involvement in activities beyond WMK includes:
- Second Vice President, Board Member and Nominating Committee, Illinois Bar Foundation
- President, Chicago Inn of Court
- Board and Executive Committee Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Leader Council Member, Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
- Past Board & National Committee Member, Women Bar Association of IL
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola University of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern University of Law
- Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
Brian Monico is an adjunct professor at his alma mater, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he teaches Advance Trial Advocacy with Courtroom Technology.